Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oh, the things that people feel they can say to me...

Here are my most favorite comments from people about my weight:

Maybe if you would just drink more water...
You should eat fish...
Just go for a walk everyday...
Just cut down your portions...
Try cutting out gluten... 
Try cutting out carbs...
Try cutting out sugar...
Give up the diet cokes...
Don't eat after 7...
Don't eat after 5...
Eat raw food...
Eat organic...
Eat lots of colors..
and the list goes on and on and on.

Listen- I appreciate that people care about how fat I am. Really I do... because you know... it's normal to walk up to an alcoholic and offer unsolicited advice such as  "... maybe if you just tried cutting out beer" or "drink 1 less drink a day" or anyone else with any other addiction and offer up easy solutions. Obviously it wouldn't be an addiction if there were a simple solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment